Job Title: Working with Disengaged Students
Salary: £8.62 – £15.00 per hour
Closing Date: 8th October 2021
Starting salary will be dependent upon qualifications, experience and age.
However, we will look to review this after three months with the view to offer a full-time position, this will be based on a performance review.
|This will be discussed further during the interview process.|
|· Ability to be flexible and able to support sessions at short notice
· A valid First Aid Qualification
· Work to a consistently high standard in line with company policy
· Be able to maintain professional boundaries with both staff and students
· Ability to communicate orally with a range of different audiences
· Ability to work under pressure and with students whom have SEN or additional needs
· Ability to work on your own initiative and effectively part of a team
· Experience working with students who possess challenging behaviour
· L1 & L2 or equivalent in education/child-based qualifications
· A full UK driving license
|· Previous experience of working within a school/education-based environment.
· Team Teach, Safeguarding & Prevent Trained
· Comprehensive understanding of safeguarding
· Ability to work some evenings or weekends
Future Pathways is a rapidly growing business where our young people are valued, and staff have the opportunity to positively shape a young person’s life. Working with our dynamic teach you will support disengaged young people across Darlington and Northeast.
We are currently searching for highly motivated and committed individuals to join our team of staff to support disengaged students across Darlington and the North East.
You must have previous experience of working with students whom possess additional behavioural or SEN needs and the ability to using a range of
The ideal candidate must be committed to: supporting children, having the core interests of students at the forefront of their mind, finding new methods or techniques to support the growth and opportunities available to students and be able to follow all in house procedures meticulously.
Please contact us on 07921334577 for an in-depth chat regarding expectations within the role.
|Main Duties Within The Role|
- To provide high quality support to disengaged children and support with offering an engaging and experience enriching programme.
- To work with safety and best interest at the forefront of your mind at all times.
- To ensure that the environment where activities are to take place is safe, clean and prepared prior to sessions taking place and that the relevant risk assessment is adhered to at all times.
- Being open to continuous professional development to improve our organisation offer and the quality of coaching supplied.
- To work in accordance with Health & Safety at Work Regulations.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults for whom you have responsibility, or with whom you come into contact, which includes adhering to the specified policy when coming across these individuals.
- Ensure that if safeguarding issues do arise that these are rectified in line with company policy immediately.
- Communicating with a range of audiences and professionals effectively: senior management, head teachers, pupils, parents, etc.
- Complete accurate records using our company template- daily.
- Be a positive role model for all students whom you come across within the working environment.
|Please note: As part of our strict vetting processes, we require you to complete a DBS (ideally on the update service) and have two referees who can vouch for your character and experience.|